Lara's Story

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lara's Story

Hello friends and fans of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft! Welcome to Lara's Story forum!

+8
larafan123
FireLightDaughter
letlararule
GirlyGirlTomb
Stefy
Stellalune
AroehedTombRaider
Eldin
12 posters

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomb Raider Anniversary

Post  Eldin Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:44 am

City of Vilcabamba.

There it not much I can say about this level, because its very short,much shorter than previous level.
    Maybe only challenge in this level is to get artifact,everything else is easy and linear for me.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2021
    City of Vilcabamba, hmmmmm more like Village of Vilcabamba. Rolling Eyes

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2022
    This is it,place where artifact is,and for me only challenge in this level.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2023
    Result for this level.

Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:00 am

GirlyGirlTomb wrote:
    Eldin wrote:Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2018
    If some of you don't know about this,there are two switch's at the beginning of Caves.They will stop those traps running.

Shocked Really? Omg I feel like an idiot. I have been playing TRA for HOW long? And I had no clue those were there. D:
    Me too, I never find out this. :O
    Now I'm gonna play Lost Valley.
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 am

The Lost Valley

There is a lot to say about this level.
    Its one of most interested levels in Tomb Raider Anniversary.
    It has huge area to explore, a lot of creatures to fight and secrets to find.
    Just like in Tomb Raider 1 here you must fight with those dinosaurs and with first boss in this game T-Rex.
    Yesterday while I was playing this I was thinking what is like to be alone.
    Lara is always alone and that gives me creeps,nobody to help you or hold your hand when you are in trouble.
    Nothing more to say,for me this level is just what I want to see in next Tomb Raider games-not linear,full of things to explore and a lot of creatures to fight Very Happy

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2024
    I like this:)

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2025
    Here you can see Lara ready to fight,but on next picture.....

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2026
    She is so scared.....What did you see Lara???

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2027
    I am going to kick your ass!!! Wa,What is there Lara??!!?

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2028
    Oh, my God!!

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2029
    Finally he is dead, or maybe not?

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2030
    Lovely view on this valley:)

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2031
    Second Relic in this game.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2032
    And finally my result for this level.
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:48 am

I just download cool mood for Tomb Raider Anniversary guys:)
    See at those pictures:

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2033
    Lara's default face.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2034
    And new one:D
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 pm

She is pretty, Eldin, but I'm satisfect with the real one. Smile
    I'll put now my opinion abotu The Lost Valley.
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Level 3: Lost Valley
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-1
    First, I wanna mention that this is my favourite level in TRA because of a battle with T-Rex. I like that battle, and the Valley look, and the waterfall look too, envrinoment it's such a beautiful.

I killed tho wolves who are waiting at the beginin of the level. I pick up the first cog and go up for a second. I climb until I get to the second cog. Then I smashed the bridge and I pick up the shotgun which is hidden beside of the waterfall.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-3
    When I returned, three wolves are waiting for me, I killed them and enter the two cogs. I follow the way to the Lost Valley and I kill one baer who appeared while I was following the way. I killed him with the adrenaline dodge which I like.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-4
    Finally, I got to the Valley. I kill the dinosaurs who appeard. Then the cutscene with the T-Rex, I like so much that cutscene. I killed T-Rex very quickly because I played that battle a hundred of times. Adrenaline dodge is so good here, I liked it so much. When T-Rex died, I picked up the third cog and go up to return to the principal water fall. I followed the way and finnaly I got to the waterfal.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-7
    I climp up and enter the third cog. It was so beautiful when the waterfall was stopping to fall. I entered to a Tomb of Qualopec.

Score:
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-8

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, again. :S
    BritCroft

Post  BritCroft Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey Guys, just joined. Is there a certain level we're on??
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Tomb of Qualopec

Last level in Peru.
    I can tell that this level is sooo sooo Tomb Raider,real tomb and first Scion.

Here are some pictures:

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2035
    There it is!!

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2036
    Yakkk Lara,I am shore he stinks so bad.....

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2037
    Yeah Lara,thats only one Scion,two more left..sorry

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2038
    Larson is lucky guy Very Happy

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2039
    Yeahhhh,kick him!!!

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2040
    Hmmm.....

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2041

Ok guys,I am done with Croft Manor and Peru levels.
    All secrets found and time trials done.
    If someone wants to have all secrets and time trials done,I can give my save game file.

Very Happy
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Level 4: Tomb of Qualopec
    I don't like so much this levels, is a little boring and there isn't anybody to kill, and I love killing creatures, peopels etc. The other reason because I don't love this levels it is because it's a tomb level. I know, I know, the game is Tomb Raider, but I don't love tomb levels, I like more outside levels where you can explore the area.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-2
    The center of the level. I hate putting that platforms to go to the left and right doors.

The door to the left side.

The dinosaur, oh, I like so much killing them, they are so good to kill. I killed him with the adrenaline dodge, of course, with my favourite weapon, the pistols.

I didn't know where the relics were, the first I found falling down, and the other I remember that there is something in the platform to the left side of the right door.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-5
    I love the cutscene when Lara finds the first part of the Scion. Unfortunately, not the only. When the place start to collaps, I follow the wy to the entrance of the tomb.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-6
    The following cutscene is good, I love this pose when Lara sits on Larson, he is so lucky.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-7
    Lara doesn't need an answer from Monsieur Pierre Dupond, she knows it.

Score:
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-8

Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:00 pm

If you don't mind, I will not play St. Francis Folly, because I replayed this game like a month ago and I was on that level when I started from the begining because of this group play, and I don't know play again that level because is the worse in Anniversary, I'll play The Colloseum. Smile
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Level 5: St. Francis Folly
    The worse level in Anniversary in my opinion. I didn't played it, but I can say that the level is too large and boring.

Level 6: The Colliseum
    Another short level. Although, I like this level because of monkeys you need to kill. I like the cutscene were Lara sees the monkeys.

I like the envrinoment in water, is so beautiful.

I climb up to open the door from the right side. I were following the way to find the key for openin the door to go up of the Colliseum. I pick up the key and then I continue up to Colliseum.

I was climbing with a ____ and I picked up the first (and only) relic. I found Dual Pistols hidden in some place. The I continue to the Mida's Palace.

Score*:
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Untitled-5

*I don't know why, but I downloaded the savegame from Stella's Site because I didn't want play St. Francis Folly. The completion time at the start was 2 hours and a couple of minutes. When I finished The Colliseum it didn't start over again, just continue. :S
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Level 7: Midas Palace
    I like this level, is very interesting. I like killing Lara staying on Midas hand, it's so funny. I hate the room with the fire where you need to get a Led Bar, is so anoying and difficult.

Score:

LovesickRobot

Post  LovesickRobot Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 pm

I know I'm a week late, but I saw a notice for this play-through on Stella's blog and wanted to jump-in if I could!

I'm super-busy, but I'll try my hardest to keep up, or at least make my posts interesting if I lag behind Very Happy
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:52 pm

So I will be going home for christmas break tomorrow. Sooooo since you guys are still on TRA can I jump in? =3
    LovesickRobot

Post  LovesickRobot Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 am

I decided to purchase TR:A on Steam today, because I cannot find my XBox copy for the life of me >.<

I've been playing Tomb Raider since the phenomenon began (I was 11 at the time), and the character of Lara Croft has done a lot to influence the person I am today. Playing through TR:A will be mostly reminiscent for me, so most of my posts will probably be really, really nostalgic Smile

I'll start my playthrough in Croft Manor!

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_pa12

Beginning the game in Croft manner, I cannot describe how happy I am that Crystal Dynamics went with a manor that was modeled after the set they used in the movies. The original 1996 manor was a perfect introductory abode, but the sheer size of the CD Croft Manor creates a lonely atmosphere that is paramount to the TR games. I love the way they paid tribute to the classic game with the stacked crates serving as your movement tutorial, and it also hints at the placement of the Tech Ring that serves as her center of command in later games.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_ma14

The only thing that's missing is a bungee ballet rig...

Exploring the manor further drives home the feeling of isolation that I associate with being a Tomb Raider. All of the hallways and secret passages have a strange, eerie atmosphere that makes me want to look over my shoulder while I'm playing to see if I'm being followed (or, as is usually the case with Lara, chased). These cavernous hallways seem to mimic the ruins and caves that Lara often finds herself exploring. The music does a fantastic job enhancing the mystery as beautiful, slow, mysterious notes drift with you as you make your way through the manor.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_2012

I really, really hope that future games will give us the opportunity to explore the grounds of the Croft Estate. The garden maze was an excellent step in the right direction, and I hope they keep opening up different chunks of land for us to explore. The classic games did this beautifully; I think most Tomb Raider fans gave a squeal of joy when they found out that Lara put a training course on the side of the house and had built a dirt run for her quad bike in the gardens.

I'll conclude my review with a secret of mine: I am going to have a bedroom/sitting room/closet like that one day. Home Depot has everything I need......

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra_be11

Soon it will be mine...

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-si11

I just need an extra 900sq.ft. to appear in my house...

And there you have it. I hope you enjoyed my review of Croft Manor! Very Happy
    laralover100

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Empty Lara's Story

Post  laralover100 Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Yeah I'm totally in, I've been needing a reason to play more Tomb Raider and now I have found it (yey!)

I think I will post a review of every level on what happened and what I think of it. Razz

laralover100

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Empty Tomb Raider Anniversary Review #1

Post  laralover100 Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:23 pm

[center]-Caves-

[justify]From the beginning of the game I was immediately warped. It begins with Richard Croft overvoicing about the atlanteans.It then shows Lara Croft and her guide standing in the snow. From here you face the challenge of making your way up to the door. Once done, your enjoy another amazingly breathless cutscene. The door opens and several wolves emerge from the darkness. Once Lara dives down and kills the wolves she discovers her guide is dead and goes inside. You face enemies, traps and puzzles as you head forward into the level. The level will finish once you have opened the doors to Vilcabamba.

Overall this level was a flashback of memories. Some parts were done well, but then again some could have been better. It was good that we were accompanied by a beautiful arrange of music that told the story as we went. I think that overall I'd give it a 3/5
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Empty TRA - PS2

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Peru - Mountain Caves
    So I like the way Natla looks; I also like how the load screen is like the scion.

After I got the 2nd Artifact, some bats came out of no wher and attacked me. I forgot about them. Lol.
    There's always one wolf that gets stuck in that cave area with the bridge. Must be a glitch. I find it funny that after you kill something the bodies disapear! o.O. And when the bridge collapses that part disapears too. Razz

Complete Tme = 15:58
    Kills = 14
    Supplies = 5
    Artifacts = 3/3
    Relics = 1/1
    Unlocked = Outfit, Relics, and Art Gallaries.

City of Vilcabumba
    Not much to say about this one. The body in the cage, I found creepy and kinda funny. And then after the first cage, there's another one. Lol.

Time = 29:54
    Kills = 17
    Supplies = 6
    Artifacts = 1/1
    Unlock = Character Bios.

The Lost Valley
    I like how she looks all wet when she gets out of the water. I think it's a nice effect.
    I got the shotgun and went into the water, down the waterfall, and she did an epic cannon ball.
    I enjoyed fighting the velociraptor's and the T-Rex.

Time = 1:11:43
    Kills = 17
    Supplies = 14
    Artifacts = 2/2
    Relics = 1/1
    Unlocked = Outfit, Relics, and Art Gallaries.
    laralover100

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Empty Tomb Raider Anniversary Complete Peru Review

Post  laralover100 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 am

Since I did my first review just for caves, I have played a lot and am onto the Greek Levels and almost up to Egypt. So I thought I would create one entire review for the whole Peru Levels.

Peru

Ok so first of all WOW! This was a well made remake of the original Tomb Raider levels. Now I'm not saying htat it's better Tomb Raide Anniversary in my list definately precceds the original Tomb Raider. But nevertheless I think that Crystal Dynamics have create a great adaption of the original Peru levels.

The whole time i played it I was encaptulated in a barrier, like I was actually Lara Croft adventuring this vast tomb. Of course, at night I was eager to wake up in the morning, turn my PC on and play some more!

The Atmostphere was amazingly created, the gameplay was a little too easy but, (from what I can remember, I think it will get better) it was stunning graphics that really picked up from Angel of Darkness.

Overall I would give the entire section 3/5 stars.

(P.S. I'm hoping to give greece a 4/5 stars hopefully Very Happy .)
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I am just in a Tomb Raider mood today. So I plan on playing and posting a lot. Razz

Tomb of Qualopec

I don't mind this level. I like the actual "tomb" feeling to it. Lol. Another cage with a person in it. I think the mummy is cool looking.
    The first time I played this game I thought that Qualopec was chasing me after Lara took the Scion. I was like "OMG RUN! O.O!!!"
    Instead of action commands I wish you could have just actually fight Larson.

Time = 1:32:21
    Kills = 4
    Supplies = 4
    Artifacts = 2/2
    Relics = 0
    Unlocked = Character Bios, Cinematics, Replay Level, Music, Art Gallaries, and Commentaries.

St. Francis Folly

I actually find this level a litle difficult at times. I wasted a lot of time trying to do a glitch to get the first artifact.

Hephaestus Room = I always get hit at least once by the lightning.
    Poseidon Room = I think this room is nice, has a "calming" effect. I think it's the easiest of all the rooms.
    Atlas Room = Hhhmm not much to say about this room. Not complicated, the "world" that Atlas is holding is cool looking.
    Damocles Room = This one always takes me the longest to do, because of all the sword traps. When I first played this I jumped everytime a sword fell near me.

Time = 2:49:25
    Kills = 11
    Supplies = 14
    Artifacts = 6/6
    Relics = 0
    Unlocked = Character Bios, and Art Galleries.
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 pm

The Coliseum

The coliseum is cool looking. I enjoy this level because of the coliseum. I also enjoyed all the climbing. Oh, I forgot to mention, I got the new guns. Razz

Times = 3:12:37
    Kills = 19
    Supplies = 8
    Artifacts = 1/1
    Relics = 0
    Unlocks = Character Bios, and Art Gallaries

Midas Palace

I stepped on the hand to show my little sister how Lara looks when shes gold.
    Owl Relic, not really hard to get, but I kept falling, so I got annoyed with it. But I got it eventually.
    Flame room - ya kinda a pain in the butt. I was able to get the Griffen Relic in one try.

Time = 4:02:20
    Kills = 16
    Supplies = 6
    Artifacts = 1/1
    Relics = 2/2
    Unlocked = Outfits, Relics, and Art Gallaries.
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Tomb of Tihocan

Erm, not much to say about this level. I don't really care for it much. Except, I like fighting the centaurs.

Time = 4:35:33
    Kills = 8
    Supplies = 8
    Artifacts - 2/2
    Relics = 0
    Unlocks = Character Bios, Cinematics, Replay Level, Music, Art Gallaries, and Commentaries.

Temple of Khamoon

I love the Egypt levels because I think Egypt is cool. Very Happy
    I missed getting the artifact and fell in the pool instead. So, since I didn't save it, I had to swim into the pool and go all the way back to the switch that drops the floor.

Time = 5:33:13
    Kills = 24
    Supplies = 18
    Artifacts = 3/3
    Relics = 1/1
    Unlocked = Outfits, Relics, and Art Gallaries

Obelisk of Khamoon

Artifact 1 = Took me forever to get. Probably took me, 5 tries? Lol.
    Theres this oen trap in a hallway, on the way to a switch to lower the last bridge, that I always have troubles with. There's a crushhing wall and a post thing to balance on. I jump right on top off the post but she always jumps threw it and misses, it's a glitch or something. So that took me probably 3 tries.
    After I threw the switch, I had a hard time going back. Razz
    The last artifact took me FOREVER.

Time = 6:32:45
    Kills = 6
    Supplies = 16
    Artifacts = 4/4
    Relics = 0
    Unlocked = Art Gallaries.
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:36 pm

I hope its okay I keep posting like this. Lol. I'm wondering, is there going to be a new thread for Legend? Or do we just post on this one?

Sanctuary of the Scion

I really like this level because of the sphinx.
    I enjoy doing the prism obelisk puzzles to get the ankh key's. Oh, I got the SmG's - love them. Very Happy
    I think the room with the giant Anubi ( Anubises???) is fun. And they look cool.
    Cutescence = I really like Natla's "queen" outfit. My little sister thinks Larson is a lousy shooter. I agree, lol, he took 50 years to aim at Lara and he still missed.

Time = 7:43:44
    Kills: 24
    Supplies = 5
    Artifacts = 2/2
    Relics = 1/1
    Unlocked = Outfits, Character Bios, Cinematics, Relics, Replay Level, Music, Art Gallaries, and Commentaries.

Natla's Mines

It's sad seeing Lara so sad after killing Larson. I don't have much to say about this level.

Time = 8:21:18
    Kills = 2
    Supplies = 7
    Artifacts = 4/4
    Relics = 1/1
    Unlocked = Outfit, Character Bios, Relic, and Art Gallaries.

The Great Pyramid

Cool looking level, with the "technology" stuff inside a pyramid.
    Yay I got all the relics!

Time = 8:55:12
    Kills = 21
    Supplies = 15
    Artifacts = 1/1
    Relics = 1/1
    Unlocked = Outfits, Relics, and Art Gallaries.
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 pm

I feel like I'm spamming. I'm sorry. Lol. I was going to do Croft Manner but I changed my mind. I'm working on another game (Dead Space) and so I'm gonna take a few days off of Tomb Raiding and I'm going to be shooting some aliens instead. o.O

Final Conflict

The creature is so ugly. Lol. I found it pretty easy to fight though.
    Fighting Natla wasn't bad. Once again, she looks cool.

Time = 9:26:14
    Kills = 10
    Supplies = 18
    Artifacts = 4/4
    Relics = 0
    Unlocked = Cinematics, Cheats, Replay Level, Music, Art Gallaries, Special and Commentaries.

Game Complete. WOOOOO.
    LovesickRobot

Post  LovesickRobot Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Mountain Caves

I really love the way CD starts Anniversary on the outside of the mountain caves entrance, as it stays true to the original while giving the player more freedom, as well as an interesting place to learn the basics of Lara's movement (I believe in the original, you had to go through the mansion in order to get the Lara 101 lesson). One thing I wish they would have kept around was the poncho that our heroine was wearing in the first TR opening cut scene... it added a bit of authenticity, and it would have made those tiny shorts a bit more believable Wink

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_norope

No, of course you didn't bring enough rope, you sonuva... >.<

When I first played TR those many years ago, I was terrified by the fact that I would have to go forward alone in those big scary caves... I thought I was going to have someone to at least keep me company while I searched for the Scion! Alas, Sr. Guide will be missed.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_deadguide

When Lara steps into the cave and the door closes behind her, I was reminded of how I felt the first time I was in this situation 14 years earlier... it's super scary being alone in a big place that has no clear and easy way out!

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_entrancegate

Playing through Anniversary helped me notice things that I had missed in the original TR. Thinking back, I was probably too paranoid from the CONSTANT ONSLAUGHT of angry wolves and bears to notice the environments.

In Anniversary, CD does a wonderful job of subtly hinting that you're traveling to a strange, forgotten place. Aside from the ruins and rubble right in front of you, you notice that occasional glimpses at the sky show that it's slowly getting... warmer? Interesting...

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_environment

The hallway leading up to the entrance of Vilcabamba brought my inner Art History geek much joy (I studied Art History in college for three years), and the authenticity of this area was very impressive to me.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_vilcagatehall

I'm ashamed to say that no matter how many times I play TR:A, the wolves in the side hallways ALWAYS scare the crap out of me, every single time. I always move forward a little too quickly, so I don't give them a chance to prance around in their room before coming to attack Lara.

Also: how the hell did those wolves get up there?

No matter: Victory is mine!

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_vilcagateopen

Before leaving for Vilcabamba, I decided to grab the relic above the door. I'm ashamed to admit I had never done so before this playthrough Mad

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Page 2 Tra-lvl1_relic

There you have it! I'll see if I can get through the City of Vilcabamba this weekend. I am the slowest gamer in the world Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am