Lara's Story

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lara's Story

Hello friends and fans of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft! Welcome to Lara's Story forum!

+8
larafan123
FireLightDaughter
letlararule
GirlyGirlTomb
Stefy
Stellalune
AroehedTombRaider
Eldin
12 posters

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Tomb Raider Anniversary Empty Tomb Raider Anniversary

Post  Eldin Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi everybody!
    As you can see first game that we'll start with is Tomb Raider Anniversary.
    Why is this game first?
    I think its great to follow story line from the beginning,Tomb Raider Anniversary was a adventure before Legend and Underworld,so lets see once more what happened in those adventures:D

Play as much or as little at a time as you like. Then just post your ideas/impressions and read/comment on what other players have to say.

Mention things that were fun, frustrating, glitchy, weird or otherwise remarkable for you.

Offer help if anyone needs it, and feel free to ask if you get stuck. We're all friends here.

Who's in?
    AroehedTombRaider
    AroehedTombRaider

Tomb Raider Anniversary Empty Re: Tomb Raider Anniversary

Post  AroehedTombRaider Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:44 am

TRA wasn't first, not at all. TRA was a REMAKE.
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 am

AroehedTombRaider wrote:TRA wasn't first, not at all. TRA was a REMAKE.
    Yeah I know,Tomb Raider Legend was first game,but as you can see in my previous post,we want this to be like a story from the beginning,events in Tomb Raider Anniversary happened before events in Legend and Underworld.Hope you understand now:D
    AroehedTombRaider
    AroehedTombRaider

Post  AroehedTombRaider Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:03 am

Eldin wrote:
    AroehedTombRaider wrote:TRA wasn't first, not at all. TRA was a REMAKE.
    Yeah I know,Tomb Raider Legend was first game,but as you can see in my previous post,we want this to be like a story from the beginning,events in Tomb Raider Anniversary happened before events in Legend and Underworld.Hope you understand now:D

Oh god now I feel stupid! Though the start was a little, boring, It got REALLY good in Egypt. <3'd Egypt!
    Stellalune
    Stellalune

Post  Stellalune Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:58 am

I am so in! I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play, but I'll try and keep up. It sounds like a lot of fun. Very Happy
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:43 am

I think I'm in. I'll see how much time I have to play TRA, but I will write some experiences of levels, be sure of that. Wink
    GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:14 pm

I would love to join, but I took the playstation2 home for thanksgiving break since I haven't had time to play it. D:. So I probably won't be able to play TRA, but hopefully when Christmas break roles around I can join in the others.
    Well that's two weeks away. I guess it depends on how fast you guys play and hopefully not get all 3 games done in two weeks. ^.^
    letlararule
    letlararule

Post  letlararule Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Man... I don't know if I can. Lots of school stuff going on but I'll do my best. Reading some of the posts will be the best part though and I'll make sure I have time for that.
    AroehedTombRaider
    AroehedTombRaider

Tomb Raider Anniversary Empty I'm In...

Post  AroehedTombRaider Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I found the opening Natla cutscene a little... cheesy. But it was alright. Oh, here comes lara's father, :\ .

Poor guy who got eaten by wolves, RIP

Now gameplay is FUN, lara's braid is BOTHERING ME. I like her holsters...

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I know guys,since holidays are almost here things in school are getting more complicated :pale:Same for me:)
    I'll be one who will play slower here,since I have things to do for school,but I will try to complete one level in two days-minimum:)
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:40 am

For me is the same thing. I have a lot of stuff around the school, but I can play one level in one day.
    AroehedTombRaider
    AroehedTombRaider

Tomb Raider Anniversary Empty Cool

Post  AroehedTombRaider Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Good, Good. I bet this forum will be the BETTER no more MEAN PEOPLE TRF
    FireLightDaughter

Post  FireLightDaughter Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Hello! I'm new here; learned about this through Stella's blog. I'm in! (I've been needing a good excuse to get my head out of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion anyway tongue) I'll be playing on my 360, though it may not be as often as I'd like until the week after next or something. This is going to be awesome! Looking forward to it. Very Happy

- Laura
    (XBox Gamertag: TRtbn21)
    Stellalune
    Stellalune

Post  Stellalune Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:09 am

Yay! It's great to see you all. Very Happy Between work and other Tomb Raiders I'm a little scattered these days. Revising my TR2 walkthrough and slowly working through the Guardian of Light co-op walk, but I still want to do this. Anniversary is my favorite of the Crystal Dynamics games, so this'll be fun, I'm sure.
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 am

Yay,a lot of new friends Very Happy
    We're starting tomorrow guys bounce
    First level that I will start with is Croft Manor and I will try to complete it tomorrow and post little review for that level.

But here is something that I know and its very important:

This is only for pc players-after you run game after install do this:

-Create new profile
    -Quit the game
    -Delete whole save game file
    -Run game again and create new profile again

Why I told you this?
    I don't know if anybody else had this problem,but this is my:
    After I run TRA after install I started with Croft Manor,after complete whole level I quit the game and decided to play it later.But later I found out that all rewards from Croft Manor are deleted,pictures and other stuff.
    This is problem all the time for me,but I found out this solution and it worked for me,hope it will work for you too if you had this problem Smile
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 am

Eldin wrote:Yay,a lot of new friends Very Happy
    We're starting tomorrow guys bounce
    First level that I will start with is Croft Manor and I will try to complete it tomorrow and post little review for that level.

But here is something that I know and its very important:

This is only for pc players-after you run game after install do this:

-Create new profile
    -Quit the game
    -Delete whole save game file
    -Run game again and create new profile again

Why I told you this?
    I don't know if anybody else had this problem,but this is my:
    After I run TRA after install I started with Croft Manor,after complete whole level I quit the game and decided to play it later.But later I found out that all rewards from Croft Manor are deleted,pictures and other stuff.
    This is problem all the time for me,but I found out this solution and it worked for me,hope it will work for you too if you had this problem Smile
    Well, I wouldn't start with a Croft Manor, I hope that isn't necesarry to play the Manor, I hate that level. I'll start from the begining. This evening I'll play the first level and I'll get all ready for tomorrow. Very Happy
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:16 am

I began writing. Here is something, tomorrow I'll put all.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-1
    Cutscene on the begining
    I think the cutscene is good for the begining of the plot. But, I felt like in that cutscene doesn't hapening anything, just that explosion, and than some creature screaming, maybe if they were add something else it will be perfect. In my opinion isn't so good.

Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 am

Cutscene on the begining
    I think the cutscene is good for the begining of the plot. But, I felt like in that cutscene doesn't hapening anything, just that explosion, and than some creature screaming, maybe if they were add something else it will be perfect. In my opinion isn't so good.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-2
    Main Menu
    Since the first Main Menu from Crystal Dinamics was in TRL, this is the same. I like this style of main menu than in the Underworld were is so horrible. I like the font, and Lara looking around while the song is singing. I chose medium difficulty to play the game because I always played it on easy, I'll try this now.
    Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-3

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-4
    Cutscenes before the begining of the game
    Really good cutscene in the hotel with Larson. The hotel si beautiful and Lara brings him more beauty siting and readin the diary of his father (I think that is diary).

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-5

Larson shows up and presents her Natla, the main villain. The introduction is good, I like Natla's voice when she is talking to Lara. In this cutscene we found out what is the center of the plot, which is - Scion. I like when Natla sais "How fast you can get to Peru?".

Level 1: Mountain Caves
    The cutscene on the begining while Lara reads the diary of his father is stupid. I not understand anything what he said. The Peruan has a great voice on Spanish, I like Spanish.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-6
    The begining of the game is beautiful. All that snow and Lara in her famous outfit with glasses. I get on the top of the mountain in a half of minute (I played this so much time). Then reach to the other side with grapple, I like doing that. Then I pressed the button and here is another cutscene.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-7

This cutscene is one of my favourite. Is so good and it's very similiar to the one in TR1. I liked that to, but I hate when Lara makes her face angry and shows up her tooth. I was sad because of a Peruan.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-8
    And finnaly the game begins. The entrance to the Caves is good. I like the combat when you need to pass that stupid things that kill you.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-9

Then I were for a first artifact and I tried 5 times (minimum) when I finnaly reach to grab on the platform where the artifact is. Then the first enemies, I like Lara pistols in this game, I don't know why, but here are the best in all games, in my opinion. I pick up a hidden large medi-pack and continue. Then again the enemies and the grapple. I pick up the second artifact too.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-10
    Then the ruins with the two bridges. I hate when I pass on that first and he fall down. I like killing wolves and hear voice from Lara's pistols. I continue and with the rope I climb up and pick up a large medi-pack. Then I killed the bear and went for a third artifact.

I returned up stairs, grab the rope and jumped to the other side. I pick up the hidden medi-pack and follow the way. I liked when I grabed to the pole and jump to the other side.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-11
    Then I entered in the room with a great door. I jumped to the left platform, kill the wolf, and then across the poles to the left side to kill another wolf. I jumped to the counterweight and I did the same thing to the other side. The door was opening while I was picking the relic. The I fall down and ended the level.

Score
    Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-12
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:42 am

I am done with Croft Manor and here is my small review for this level:

First I like this level very much,because there are a lot of things to explore and find.
    This level is not linear and there are some great puzzles to solve.
    For me maze is the best part in this level,there are three artifacts hidden and not so easy to find,because maze map is not so good.
    But most of all,you will get some cool pictures of Lara if you finish this level. Very Happy

Some sceenshots from this level:

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2013
    I think this is Lara,her mother Amelia and her father Richard.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2014
    Lovely sky at night.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2015
    Here is my result for this level.

Smile Smile
    larafan123

Post  larafan123 Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:56 am

Me and my little sister were snowed in today so we pulled out anniversary. I've been playing for 4 or 5 years now, and she's already better than me! we loved the T rex fight, we've nearly completed tomb of Qualopec!

PS Btw stallalune, we love the walkthroughs, they're really helpful!
    Stefy
    Stefy

Post  Stefy Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 am

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-2
    Level 2: City of Vilcabamba
    At the begining of the level appears a bear. I used andrenaline dodge to kill him and it was so funny. I like kiling in that way. I follow the way and I was in a village where two wolves are waiting me. I killed them without the adrenaline dodge because they weren't angry.

Then appeared a bear which I killed with the dodge. I fall in the water and contiune the way. I like when Lara is in water, is so beautiful because she is all wet. I picked the small medi-pack and pull the box with a skull to colect ammo for shotgun and a Village key.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-3
    I was pulling the box to find a new relic. I put it in front of the pole. I found the relic and picked it. The waterfall is so beautiful, I like the place were the artifact is because it's very natural.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-4
    I put the Village key and the door opened. I kill two wolves and follow the way to the City of Vilcabamba.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-5
    There was waiting me one wolf which I kill to with a dodge (you can see in the image). I pull the poles and the door was opening. I entered in it and follow the way to Lost Valey.
    Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-6

I like this level because is too short, but is beautiful. I like swiming in that mini-pool and put the key to open the door.

Score
    Tomb Raider Anniversary Untitled-7
    FireLightDaughter

Post  FireLightDaughter Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi everyone! This morning I played through Croft Manor, and I finished all of Peru about ten minutes ago. Some general impressions:

- First of all, I love Anniversary. The two things that cause Underworld to beat it out as my favorite of the Crystal games are the graphics and the music, and only by a very narrow margin.

- As a soundtrack composer, I automatically tune in to the music, and as I was playing through Peru, I was struck by just how effective it is. Peru is generally very quiet, which really lends to the whole lone wolf explorer feel. Single sounds (a simple scrape across a gong, the sudden ticking of claves, a cymbal sweep) cue entrances into new areas. Bats get this quiet, quirky little plucked string theme to go along with them, perfectly complementing the fact that they're really more of nuisance than a true threat (such as bears and wolves and dinosaurs). At the entrance of an enemy, a full score kicks in, holding the tension beautifully until you defeat it. And then it's quiet again, letting you calm back down a little bit before running into the next challenge. The Croft manor music is very non-intrusive, effective ambiance, and I loved catching the change in it when you head outside; it gets even more calm. It's a truly well-done soundtrack. Can you imagine how much less exciting Anniversary (or any game) would be without the music?

- I've always had fun with Lara's house. Not sure why. Today, it was just nice to be able to run around the place, getting used to the control scheme again. The thing is, I hate seeing gates and fences that I really want to explore the other side of and can't! The outside area is a definite plus over Legend, but still, there are some things I'd like to see in future versions of the mansion. I'm thinking along the lines of the hidden aquarium room, the ATV track and the obstacle course from TR3. How fun would that be in a current-gen game!

- The most frustrating movement for me to get the hang of in this game has been the leap from pillar to pillar (while hanging on, not while perching on top). I'm not sure if it's a little glitchy or what, but I had to try this move at least half a dozen times in the collapsing-floor switch room part of Qualopec's tomb before it worked. I had to get as high as I could before jumping in order for it to work. I didn't have as much trouble with the same move in Lara's gym.

- Does anyone else just enjoy the heck out of taking that swan dive off the high platform into the pool in the Lost Valley level? I don't know why, but I take every opportunity Smile

- The deep chamber with the two ramps in the Lost Valley gets me every time. I don't think I've had a game yet where I haven't died in that place. The one time I didn't was when I was going for the Iron Raider achievement, and I only technically didn't die (I reloaded before I hit the ground). I always mix up which ramp I'm supposed to run and jump to and which one I'm only supposed to take a standing jump to each time through the room.

- It's my opinion that the mini-games in the cut scenes were a good addition. Sometimes, they make me more nervous than any other part of the gameplay!

- I think it's a testament to the visual design of the game that it gets my fear of heights going. Every time I have to swing on that rope in the waterfall room, I swear my pulse gets a little faster (and in that darn ramp room, too).

- This is a major nitpick, but I just wanted to point it out, since I live in New Mexico. The opening cut scene shows a nuclear bomb test which, according to the caption, took place in Los Alamos, New Mexico. However, in history, no A-bomb was ever tested in Los Alamos. It was too populated. Oppenheimer and the scientists from Los Alamos tested the bomb at the Trinity site at White Sands Missile Range in Socorro County, New Mexico - quite a bit further south and way more remote. The More You Know, brought to you by your friendly history/archaeology nerd of a gamer Wink

Happy December, all Smile Thanks for this; it's a blast!

- Laura
    (XBox Gamertag: TRtbn21)
    Eldin
    Eldin
    Admin

Post  Eldin Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:35 am

Ok,first level is complete.

I think this level is more realistic than any other in this game.
    As for Lara I think that its not so realistic for her to be in short outfit on mountain.But Lara is Lara I love you

Level is short of course,but its first level anyway.Maybe short but fun to play,its place where you will get basic controls for Lara and your first artifacts and relic.
    But in Tomb Raider 1 there was one extra place,but they removed it in this game.Its place where you can get secret 3 in Tomb Raider 1,if some of you guys played TR1 you will understand what I am talking about.

Here are some pictures:

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2016
    Lara looks great in her glasses Very Happy

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2017
    Arrr,scary!!

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2018
    If some of you don't know about this,there are two switch's at the beginning of Caves.They will stop those traps running.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2019
    First Relic in this game.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2020
    And my results for this level.I think this is a little bug here,because I can't see what I just unlocked in this level,like outfit and something like that.Still don't know why this happened,but all rewards from this level are unlocked,because after complete this level I ran in Croft Manor again to do time trial and Legend outfit was available.

GirlyGirlTomb
    GirlyGirlTomb

Post  GirlyGirlTomb Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:07 am

Eldin wrote:Tomb Raider Anniversary Tra_2018
    If some of you don't know about this,there are two switch's at the beginning of Caves.They will stop those traps running.

Shocked Really? Omg I feel like an idiot. I have been playing TRA for HOW long? And I had no clue those were there. D:
    CaityFM
    CaityFM

Post  CaityFM Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Hey everyone! I love the group plays. I was on Stellalune's group play for TR2, it was really fun! I'm playing Anniversary right now, but I'm at Atlantis. I'll have to make a new profile. I cannot wait for legend and underworld. I have SO MUCH to say about them! So YEAH...! cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 pm